You have a cold, don’t you? I’ve had one for about a month now. Well, really more like three of them interwoven together like some kind of sick illness mash-up. And I know I am not alone, because many of us share cigarette pipes. Happily, medical science has confirmed that laughing does indeed make you healthier by increasing your Vitamin C levels and lowering your cholesterol. Attending comedy events has also been shown to reduce your risk of dying in a car accident and of suffering from paper cuts. And virtually all of the many shows this weekend can be seen without a doctor’s prescription!
Friday, November 12th
-Local hero/celebrity Ron Osborne is celebrating his 25th comedy anniversary with a big awesome show at Madison’s Grill (1109 SE Madison) at 8pm. Tickets are $12 in advance, call 503-230-2471 to get ‘em.
- Andre Paradise presents Dannon Green, seen on Martin Lawrence Presents 1st Amendment Stand-Up, HBO DefJam, and Popeye’s commercials nationwide. $10, starts at 9:30pm at the Copper Penny, 5932 SE 92nd Ave.
– The Brody Theater stand-up class is having their second show, huzzah! $3, 10pm, 16 NW Broadway.
– Comedy Night at the Bagdad this week features Shane Torres (“The Train”), Whitney Streed (“me”), Levi Rounds and Cody Eden (“not Mormon, just really funny”). $5, 10pm, SE 37th and Hawthorne.
Saturday, November 13th
- The Liberators at the Woods: Improv Comedy and Stuff. Some of the best improv in Portland and an awesome venue to boot. 6637 Milwaukie Ave, 7pm, $10 advance/$13 at the door.
– Stand-up showcase featuring Jen Allen, Richard Bain, Tom Johnson, Preacher, Jesse McCoy, and Grade Sadie. 8pm at the Brody.
– Paradise on Earth: A Celebrity Comedian Funanza, featuring RodMan, Scruncho, Nate Jackson, plus Portland’s Rissa Riss, Andre Paradise, Seeznin’, & Joe Fontenot. $15 advance/ $20 door at the T-A Event Center, 300 NE Multnomah, buy tickets here. Doors at 8pm.